SearchRecent comments
Democracy LinksMember's Off-site Blogs |
the PEACE-HATER idiots get more attention than reality, at politico....“Let’s not mince words about what this represents: a surrender of Ukraine’s interests and our own, even before negotiations begin,” says U.S. Senator Adam Schiff. Kyiv’s backers reacted with shock and outrage to U.S. President Donald Trump’s announcement that he had spoken with Russian leader Vladimir Putin and would “start negotiations immediately” with him about the Ukraine war. U.S. Senator Adam Schiff, a long-time Trump critic who was the lead prosecutor in the Republican’s first impeachment trial, called the president “a great dealmaker all right — for the Kremlin.” “Today, President Trump called our enemy, Russia, before calling our ally, Ukraine,” Schiff said on social media. “Meanwhile, his Secretary of Defense, ruled out a future for Ukraine in NATO and a restoration of Ukrainian sovereignty over its own lands. Let’s not mince words about what this represents: a surrender of Ukraine’s interests and our own, even before negotiations begin.” Trump said he expects to see Putin in Saudi Arabia in the "not too distant future” for their first meeting since his inauguration last month. The EU’s foreign policy chief Kaja Kallas released a late-night statement on behalf of the Weimar + group of nations, which includes France, Poland, Germany, Spain, Italy and the U.K., reacting to Trump's pronouncements. “Ukraine’s independence and territorial integrity are unconditional” as peace talks begin, the statement posted by Kallas said. “Our priority must now be strengthening Ukraine and providing robust security guarantees." Marko Mihkelson, chair of the Estonian parliament’s foreign affairs committee, cautioned: “Today might go down in history as a dark day for Europe,” adding that it’s time for European leaders to “take our fate into our own hands.” The pushback came after U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth called on Ukraine to give up hopes of recapturing all the territory occupied by Russia, labeling a return to its pre-2014 borders an “illusory goal.” Trump reiterated Hegseth’s remarks Wednesday, telling reporters in the White House that Kyiv getting all its land back was “unlikely.” But he did add: “Some of it will come back. I think some of it will come back, yeah.” Former British Foreign Secretary James Cleverly hit out at Trump’s negotiation strategy. “Starting a negotiation by setting out what one side should give up is not a strong move,” the MP said. “Giving the impression that invasion pays off is not a strong move. Regimes are watching closely." For his part, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy put on a brave face about his conversations with both Trump and U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, who visited Kyiv to discuss a Ukraine-U.S. economic partnership Wednesday. “Together with the U.S., we are charting our next steps to stop Russian aggression and ensure a lasting, reliable peace. As President Trump said, let’s get it done," Zelenskyy said, adding that the two leaders agreed to remain in contact and plan future meetings. But later in the day, Trump declined to say whether Kyiv should have an equal role in the peace process. “It’s an interesting question,” he told a reporter. “I think they [Ukraine] have to make peace. That was not a good war to go into.” His remarks triggered criticism on both sides of the Atlantic, with Kyiv's backers slamming the U.S. president for seemingly blaming Ukraine for Russia’s full-scale invasion of its territory. Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk called for “a just peace” and for Ukraine and Europe to be at the table with the U.S. for any negotiations. “All we need is peace. A JUST PEACE. Ukraine, Europe and the United States should work on this together. TOGETHER,” he wrote. Ohio Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur called Ukraine the “scrimmage line for Liberty on the continent of Europe” and said Zelenskyy “must lead any negotiations on behalf of his nation.” Hungarian Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó, whose Viktor Orbán-led government has long been friendly with the Kremlin, was more positive about Trump's call with Putin. “We have lived in the shadow of war for three years, and for three years we have hoped that the war would end,” he wrote on social media. “Today, with the phone call between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin, we have come a big step closer to fulfilling that hope.” Canadian Liberal candidate for prime minister and long-time Russia-watcher Chrystia Freeland, said Ottawa “stands steadfast with Ukraine.” “It is in the interest of all democracies to support them,” she said on social media. “Ukraine must become a full NATO member.”
ALL THESE IDIOTS STILL HAVE NOT GRASPED THE "COMMON SENSE" OF HISTORY. A "JUST PEACE" MEANS NO NATO IN YUCKRAINE, AND A RETURN TO BORDERS PRIOR 1922, BEFORE "RUSSIAN BITS" WERE TACKED ON TO UKRAINE... SEE ALSO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVeVctKaja8
SEE ALSO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKap1PIkkI
READ FROM TOP.
YOURDEMOCRACY.NET RECORDS HISTORY AS IT SHOULD BE — NOT AS THE WESTERN MEDIA WRONGLY REPORTS IT.
Gus Leonisky POLITICAL CARTOONIST SINCE 1951.
|
User login |
bad wings....
The Mirage 2000 fighter jets that France has delivered to Ukraine will be swiftly destroyed by the Russian military if Kiev uses them near the front line, Moscow’s defense conglomerate Rostec has said.
On Thursday, French Defense Minister Sebastien Lecornu announced that Kiev had received the first batch of fourth generation Mirage 2000-5 aircraft, which the country’s president Emmanuel Macron promised to supply last summer. The jets will be flown by Ukrainian pilots who have undergone training in France, Lecornu said.
A representative of Rostec said “if attempts to deploy them for dogfights or airstrikes near the front line are made, they will be promptly shot down” when asked to comment on the prospects of Kiev’s use of the French warplane by Tass news agency on Saturday.
According to the representative, the Mirage 2000 is “an obsolete aircraft that is significantly inferior to modern Russian fighter jets.”
Just like the US-designed F-16s which were provided to Ukraine by its Western backers in August, the French planes can only be used by Kiev in the “deep rear,” Tass’s interlocutor insisted.
“As a fighter jet, the F-16 has turned out to be much worse than expected,” Rostec’s representative stressed.
The much-hyped delivery of the US-designed jets has failed to make a significant impact on the battlefield. Kiev lost its first F-16 during its maiden mission in early September 2024. A Ukrainian MP later claimed that the plane had been mistakenly shot down by a Patriot air defense battery, which was also donated by the West. There have been very few reports of the combat use of the F-16s since then.
On Thursday, Ukrainian Defense Minister Rustem Umerov welcomed the arrival of the Mirage 2000s and additional F-16s from the Netherlands, claiming that “the Ukrainian sky is becoming more secure.” The country’s leader Vladimir Zelensky also thanked Macron for providing the jets. “France’s president keeps his word, and we appreciate it,” he wrote on X.
READ MORE: Trump says he ‘will probably’ meet Zelensky next weekMoscow has warned repeatedly that supplies of weapons to Kiev by the US and EU nations will not prevent Russia from achieving its military goals in the conflict, but will merely prolong the fighting and increase the risk of a direct confrontation with NATO.
https://www.rt.com/news/612375-mirage-france-ukraine-rostec/
READ FROM TOP.
YOURDEMOCRACY.NET RECORDS HISTORY AS IT SHOULD BE — NOT AS THE WESTERN MEDIA WRONGLY REPORTS IT.
Gus Leonisky
POLITICAL CARTOONIST SINCE 1951.